How do I stop payments on a check?
Use the Stop Payment screen under the Services tab to request to stop payment on a particular check.
Note: You should first use Check History or Check Status to see if the check has already cleared. You cannot use Check Stop Pay to halt payment on a draft that has already cleared.
Note: Entering a check stop payment will establish the date and time you requested the payment be stopped. Normal stop-payment procedures, detailed in your account disclosure statements, apply to stop-payment transactions made electronically.
- Select the applicable account.
- Type the Starting Check Number and the Ending Check Number.
- Enter the payee or description.
- Enter Date on Check Missing.
- Enter Amount
- Check the "I Agree" box after reading the statement
- Click Submit to continue with your request. You will be presented with a confirmation screen.
- To proceed, click Submit again.
You may stop a range of checks without knowing the date and the amount. You have two choices when stopping the check. Either the starting/ending check number fields may be completed, or the date and amount on check missing may be completed.