Simplify Your Finances
If time is a precious commodity for you, here are seven ideas to save time and reduce the stress and anxiety of managing your financial affairs.
- Enroll for direct deposit. When your paycheck is deposited directly into your FSB checking or savings it eliminates trips to the bank and the security of knowing exactly when the money will be available. If you have an interest-bearing account, your check is earning you money right away instead of sitting on your counter over the weekend.
- Sign up for overdraft protection. When you link your FSB checking account to a safety check you avoid the cost, hassle, and embarrassment of a bounced check.
- Establish an automatic savings plan. It’s easy to set up through your I-Banking account. Simply log in and click on Transfer/Loan Payments to get started. Regular automatic transfers to a savings account will add up.
- Use electronic Bill Pay. Eliminate the dreaded task of writing checks or having a late payment. Log into your I-Banking account and click on Bill Pay in the top menu. Enter your account registration information and click submit. You are then ready to add your payees and begin using Bill Pay immediately.
- Consolidate your financial relationships. When you have all your accounts with FSB it gives us the opportunity to get to know you and your banking habits to help save you time and money.
- Consider personal finance software. With the Farmers State Bank it’s easy to access and manage your account online. Use I-banking with any of your FSB accounts to view balances, print cancelled checks & deposit images, transfer funds, make loan payments and much more.
- Build a safety cushion. Be ready for unexpected expenses or save some extra funds for a special vacation.