Spring Into Savings
Spring has officially arrived! To celebrate the warmer weather and add some money to your pocketbook, here are a few tips to help you save some cash this spring:
1. Make a shopping list – and stick to it. Before you shop, make a list of what you need and only buy those items. Don’t shop for groceries when you’re hungry, you will end up purchasing more than what you plan.
2. Pay your bills online. If you’re still paying bills by mail, you can save on the cost of stamps by using FSB’s Online Bill Pay. Manage and pay your bills online with the touch of a button.
3. Get organized and avoid missed payments. If you’ve ever missed a payment because your bill was buried in a stack of papers, you’re probably paying late fees. Schedule future payments through Online Bill Pay and never miss a payment again.
4. Scale back your cable or satellite TV. If you’re able to give up expanded cable or satellite television packages, you’ll be able to see your bill drop drastically.
5. Install a programmable thermostat. Properly using a programmable thermostat to regulate your home’s temperature is one of the easiest ways you can save energy and money.
6. Wash your own car. Automated car washes are convenient, but the costs add up quickly. Instead of heading to the car wash, invest a little money up front to buy the supplies you need to wash your own car.
7. Commit to a “no-spend weekend.” Break the spending routine and commit to going an entire weekend without spending money. Play board games, watch home movies, have a family barbeque. You’ll be saving money and making memories that will last a lifetime.