Can I use Touch Authentication on my mobile device?
If your Apple device has a Touch ID sensor and is operating on iOS 8 or later, you can log in by using fingerprint. Only one fingerprint can be registered to an account. The fingerprint is encrypted and stored on the iOS device only and is not made available to any other service providers, including the financial institution.
Caution: You must set up Touch ID on your device before logging in. See https://support.apple.com for more information on setting up Touch ID on your device and scanning a fingerprint for the first time.
To enable Touch Authentication settings
On the Login page, do the following:
- Enter your Login ID.
- (Optional) Select the Remember me check box to save your login ID for the next time that you log in.
- Enter your Password.
- Tap Sign In. When the connection is complete, the Home page appears.
Tap Settings > Security Preferences. The Security Preferences page appears.
In the Touch ID row, tap On to enable Touch ID. The Touch ID page appears.
Click Continue. The Touch Authentication page appears.
On the Touch Authentication page, do the following:
- Enter the Login ID.
- Enter the Password.
- Tap Authorize to finalize changes. The Touch Authentication page appears.
To log in with Touch Authentication
- On the Login page, do the following:
- Touch the Home button with your enrolled finger. If Touch ID doesn't recognize your finger, a message will prompt you to touch the button again.
- (Optional) Select the Remember me check box to save your login ID for the next time that you log in. When the connection is complete, the Home page appears.