How do I set up Account Alerts?
Alerts remind you of important events, warn you about the status of each of your accounts, and notify you when transactions occur. Some alerts are automatically generated by the system, such as security alerts, but some alerts you can create and customize.
When you create an alert for an account, you specify the conditions that trigger the alert, as well as the way that you want to receive the alert. Alert conditions vary depending on the alert type.
When you create an alert, it takes effect immediately and stays in effect until you disable or delete it. You can set an alert to occur immediately.
- Date alerts
- Account alerts
- History alerts
- Insufficient funds alerts
- Transaction alerts
You do not need to be logged in to receive the alert. Secure messages and email alerts are sent immediately when they are generated. You can choose to receive alerts in any of these ways:
- Secure message (in online banking and the mobile banking app)
- Telephone call
- Text (SMS) message
If you miss an alert delivered by email, you may need to change settings or double-check the Messages inbox. If you don't see an email alert, check your junk email folder. If your alert was delivered there, configure your mail settings to allow messages from our email address.
Tip: If you miss an alert, our alert system will leave a voicemail message. If you did not receive a phone call, check your message mailbox under the Messages menu to confirm receipt. If there is no alert in the secure mailbox, confirm that the alert is enabled.
To create an alert
- In the navigation menu, click or tap Services > Account Alerts. The Alerts page appears.
- In the New Alert drop-down list, click or tap the alert type that you want to create. The New Alert page appears.
- Click or tap an alert type.
- Enter the required information to set up the alert.
- Select an option from the Select a delivery method drop-down list:
- Click or tap Secure Message Only to send the alert as a Secure Message. The alert is sent immediately when it is generated. You must be logged in to I-banking to read the alert.
- Click or tap Email to send the alert as an email. Enter the email address where you want to send the alert. The alert is sent immediately when it is generated.
- Click or tap Phone to send the alert as a telephone call.
- Click or tap the country from the country drop-down list, then enter the phone number to call.
- Enter the time to call. You can set this to occur immediately.
- Click or tap Text Message to send the alert as a text (SMS) message.
- Click or tap the country.
- Enter the phone number.
- Enter the time to send the message or select the Send Immediately check box, then select the Agree to Terms check box.
- (Optional) Select the Every Occurrence check box to repeat the alert every time that the trigger occurs.
- Click or tap Save.
- In the success message, click or tap Close. The new alert appears on the Alerts page.