It’s a competitive market these days, and if you want a seller to take you or your offer seriously, you’d better come armed with a pre-approval. The last thing you want is to find the home of your dreams and have it snatched out from under you by someone who was more prepared.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll need to get moving on the pre-approval process.
Do your homework.
Don’t worry, this isn’t like that dreaded algebra or art history class you despised. You’re going to need to pull together certain information and documents to share with one of our loan officers to start the pre-approval process.
- Show us the money: You’ll need to provide proof of income. Grab your W2s, tax statements, and any other income documents from the past two years.
- Show us your assets: Simmer down, we’re talking about any bank and investment accounts you own to prove you have the required down payment funds and stability.
- Front Street with your debts: Prepare a list of all of your monthly debts including your rent from the last 12 months, student loans, car payments, child support, or credit cards.
- Know your credit score: We’ll be running a credit report to see where you fall and what you can qualify for. Best you have an idea ahead of time so there are no ugly surprises.
- Back up your hustle: We’ll need to verify your employment through current pay stubs or income statements if you’re self-employed.
- Let’s get personal: Make sure you come to your pre-approval appointment with your driver’s license or state ID and your social security number.
Fill out the application
Get cozy on the couch, and fill out our online application. It is going to ask a lot of questions. Good news – it’s an open book test, and you can use your notes. Be sure to enter as much as you can, but if you have questions, or want to change details, we can walk through it together at our appointment. Don’t worry, this is a no judgment zone. This app gives us the most up-to-date picture of where you stand, and it means we are armed with the needed information to help you get pre-approved ASAP.