At FSB, we take your privacy and security very seriously. With everything we’re doing to protect your information, keep in mind that it is also important for you to take precautions to safeguard personal information on your end.
What we do to protect your information:
- Phone Identification - To verify customer identity over the phone we ask three “knowledge-based authentication” questions, such as your mother’s maiden name, city of birth or email address.
- Security Standards - We use industry-accepted security practices, including firewalls and encryption, to safeguard your personal financial information.
- 24/7 account monitoring - Our online banking system scans for login and transfer abnormalities and requires additional verification when transferring funds out of your accounts.
- Account Notices - Notices are automatically sent to the email address on file to confirm that a transfer was completed or a failed login has occurred.
- How We Contact You - FSB will never email or text customers about confidential information or request your password or PIN. We may on occasion call to verify other information regarding your online activity should we see something of concern.
What you can do to protect yourself:
- Use Strong Passwords - The stronger the password; the harder it is to hack. FSB recommends a minimum of 10 characters using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Keep A Clean Machine - Keep all software on Internet-connected devices – including PCs, smartphones, and tablets – up to date to reduce the risk of infection from malware. Set your devices to run automatic updates and run a virus scan weekly to search for unknown software & viruses.
- Use Account Alerts - Set up alerts (via text or email) within I-banking. Some notices we recommend:
Purchases or transfers over $20
Failed login attempts
Login outside the country
Contact information changes
- Keep PIN Numbers Secure
Never write your PIN on your card.
Never share your PIN with anyone.
Don’t use the same PIN for multiple cards.
Don’t use personal information such as your phone number, SSN or birth date.
Contact the FSB team with any security questions.